Fernando Torres hoping for Atletico Madrid stay

first_img 08/10/2015 Torres said: “I wasn’t chosen to take it. I would have been delighted to have scored my 100th goal for Atletico. What a way that would have been to reach three figures.” He was not chosen to take a penalty, which Antoine Griezmann missed. Upd. at 06:23 CEST Fernando Torres would like to continue at Atletico Madrid beyond this season.center_img The player made his 200th Atletico appearance against Real Madrid last weekend but couldn’t score his 100th goal. Sport EN The striker’s loan deal from AC Milan expires at the end of this year and he is hoping the club will try to capture him permanently.  “It’s no secret that I want to continue at Atletico,” Torres said, per AS. “When we sit down to talk about the future, if Atletico feel the same as I do, everything will be fairly easy and straightforward.”last_img read more

Lucas adds to Atletico’s defensive crisis ahead of Barcelona tie

first_img CEST Atletico Madrid defender Lucas Hernandez has suffered a back injury while on duty with France under-21s, the France Football Federation has confirmed (FFF).  He will miss the game against Macedonia this week, which is a qualifier for the European Championships in 2017.  The centre-back was suffering from persistent back pain, so was sent for tests, the FFF explained, “which revealed a vertebral fracture.” It doesn’t just come as a blow for the France team, but also for Atletico, who already have defenders Diego Godin, Jose Maria Gimenez and Stefan Savic out of action recovering from injuries.  In further bad news, Saul Niguez has also injured himself while away with the Spain under-21 side.  It leaves Diego Simeone without a recognised centre-back at the moment, although Lucas’ time out of action has not yet been confirmed. The Rojiblanco boss will be hopeful some of them recover in time for the Champions League clash with Barcelona at the beginning of April.  Upd. at 17:00 EFE, Sport EN 27/03/2016 The midfielder, who would be an option to fill in at centre-back, has injured his ankle and has “been treated with cryotherapy and anti-inflammatory medicine,” although it’s not been revealed how long he will remain sidelined.last_img read more

Raphael Varane: I spoke to Pogba about his future

first_imgRaphael Varane refused to comment on Paul Pogba’s potential incorporation into the Real Madrid squad after speaking with the Juventus midfielder. “I must not say anything about [a potential transfer for Pogba], it’s his decision.” Upd. at 20:15 24/07/2016 The 23-year-old gave his thoughts about the summer’s main transfer saga in the aftermath of Los Blancos’ training session at the premises of Montreal Impact. “He’s a very good player, but I don’t know what he wants or what he’ll do. We have a great team [at Real Madrid] and the best players. “Pogba is my friend and I talked to him about this issue long ago,” Varane said, “But I don’t know what you think or he thinks. EFE CESTlast_img read more

Midfielder Mario Suarez to join Valencia on loan

first_img The former Atletico Madrid player has reportedly signed his contract at a hotel in the centre of Valencia, and afterwards attended the club’s installations with his agent Manuel Garcia Quillon.  Javi Fuego had joined fellow La Liga side Espanyol earlier this summer. Upd. at 20:16 Mario Suarez will replace the recently departed Javi Fuego at the Mestalla, and will join on loan from Premier League side Watford this season. According to Valencian daily ‘Superdeporte’, the midfielder from Madrid is at the club’s offices and passed the pertinent medical checks on Tuesday morning. CEST Sport EN 16/08/2016 Mario Suarez has undergone a medical at Valencia and the official confirmation of his signing for ‘Los Che’ will be announced shortly.last_img read more

Barcelona B to return to training with a squad of 35 players

first_img El Barça B comenzará a trabajar con una plantilla de 35 jugadores Upd. on 17/07/2017 at 04:01 CEST Therefore, the two men now in charge of the academy, José Mari Bakero and Guillermo Amor, have a lot of work ahead of them deciding what to do with such an excess of players. Just 20 days after returning to the second division via the playoffs, on Monday Barçå B are back at work. It will be the first day of contact between the players and the coaching staff, with medical tests leading to work on the pitch later in the week.  From last season, the players still involved with the B team are Varo, Martínez, Fali, Tarín, Sarsanedas, Marc Cardona, Alfaro, Abeledo, Moisés, Paik, Vilanova, Àlex Carbonell, Rafa Mujica, Dani Romera, Kaptoum and Nili. Added to them will be the players coming up from Juvenil A: Carles Pérez, Dani Morer, Santi Bueno, Alasana, Josep Martínez, Abel Ruiz and Oriol Busquets (and two returning from loans: Jokin Ezkieta and Juan Cámara). The second team will begin pre-season with a lot to resolve. That’s because on Monday (July 17), 25 players are expected at the Ciutat Esportiva to get to work under Gerard Lopez.  Ten more players will return later. Five of them are currently training with the first team (Ortolà, Aleñá, Cucurella, Vitinho and Palencia) and five more have longer vacations for various reasons and will return on July 24: Sergi Puig, Fati, Guillemenot, Lee and Quintillà. IN SPORT.ES Of the 35, there’s at least 10 too many and that’s without any more signings which will be made. It seems clear that Samu Araujo, Choco Lozano, Ruiz de Galarreta and Mariano Konyk, but there are others linked, too, such as Moha, Muhammed Usman and Miguel Olavide. 16/07/2017last_img read more

Alves sends a message to Guardiola… And another to Barça

first_img 12/07/2017 Alves envía un mensaje a Guardiola… Y otro al Barça Dani Alves did not openly confirm that he had the option of signing for Manchester City but his comments on his presentation at PSG implied that the Eastlands club was his most likely destination after leaving Juventus. CEST Frederic Martin IN SPORT.ES His actions in the past few weeks, in playing both sides against each other, did not seem to bother Nasser Al-Khelaïfi, president of PSG, who smiled throughout the press conference and declared himself happy with the signing. “If Guardiola and Manchester City feel hurt by my decision, I am sorry. But I have come here to be a champion.” Why did he pick Paris over Manchester? “I have friends here and my wife loves the city. I was a bit selfish when I left Juventus. This time I tried to be less so and to please everyone, that’s why I decided to come here. If Pep feels hurt, I apologise.” Upd. at 19:04 last_img read more

Real Madrid don’t know defeat under referee for PSG game

first_img CET RELATED STORIES The week’s other games see Juventus host Tottenham and Basle welcome Man City to Switzerland. Then on Wednesday the other match is Porto v Liverpool. Italian referee Gianluca Rocchi, 44, will take charge of the week’s big game – Real Madrid vs. PSG at the Santiago Bernabeu on February 14.  Los Blancos beat Manchester United in the European Super Cup under his supervision last season. They also had him in charge of games against Apoel, Man City and Wolfsburg. El Real Madrid no suele perder con el árbitro designado para el partido contra el PSG IN SPORT.EScenter_img Roger Mitats However Rocchi has only refereed PSG once, with the French side losing to Schalke 04 in 2008. Madrid have only lost one of the four games with him in charge.  12/02/2018 Upd. at 17:15 Marcelo: Neymar will play for Real Madrid one daylast_img read more

Sevilla make move to bring Dani Alves back to the club

first_img A return to Sevilla would close the perfect circle. Since leaving the club he’s played for Barça, Juventus and PSG. In his career he’s won 39 titles so far, with more likely to come his way in Paris before the season is out. IN SPORT.ES El Sevilla quiere recuperar a Dani Alves 12/04/2019 According to L’Equipe, Alves has several options and Sevilla are one of them. Despite the Spanish side’s interest, though, they add that PSG remain hopeful of extending his stay in France.  The Brazilian made 248 appearances for Sevilla, scoring 16 goals and setting up 62 more. In addition, he won two UEFA Cups, one Copa del Rey, a European Super Cup and a Spanish Super Cup.  Lluís Bou Upd. at 21:05 Alves played for Sevilla between 2003 and 2008 before joining Barcelona. He has suggested in the past that he would like to return to Spain during a recent homage in Seville to Antonio Puerta.  CEST Dani Alves doesn’t have many years left in football. At 35, his contract with Paris Saint-Germain is up in the summer and he’s in talks over a new deal. But now, Sevilla have got involved and are seeing if they can bring their former player back. last_img read more

Solskjaer has “no doubts that Pogba wants to play for Man United”

first_img “He isn’t injured, he’s just in some pain and I wasn’t going to risk anything this weekend with only eight days to go before the first game. “I knew he wouldn’t be travelling to Cardiff because I spoke to him about it after training on Friday and he wasn’t right. “I have no doubts at all that Paul still wants to play for Manchester United,” the coach said after the game.  sport.es IN SPORT.ES Solskjaer: “Pogba se queda” The Frenchman missed Saturday’s friendly against Milan, but Solskjaer says that had nothing to do with a potential move away from the club.  Meanwhile, Madrid looked to have moved on to Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek given their failure to get United to sell Pogba, who was coach Zinedine Zidane’s first choice.  Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he has “no doubts” that Paul Pogba will stay at the club despite Real Madrid’s interest. center_img 04/08/2019 “He’ll probably be back in training early next week and I hope he should be OK for Chelsea.” CEST Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola has said the midfielder wants to leave the club but he remains a United player one week ahead of the start of the Premier League season.  Upd. at 17:59 RELATED STORIES Pogba and Van de Beek deals depend on Bale and James saleslast_img read more

Sports Authority of India yet to clear Indian gymnasts for World Cups

first_imgAdvertisement bnxNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsu7woyWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Egqi3( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 1sc1Would you ever consider trying this?😱ze8j3Can your students do this? 🌚mje3Roller skating! Powered by Firework The tussle between Gymnastics Federation of India and Sports of Authority of India has taken an ugly turn after a top GFI official claimed that the Indian gymnasts, including Olympian Dipa Karmakar, are yet to be cleared for the forthcoming Baku and Doha World Cups.Advertisement Dipa Karmakar might not qualify for the Tokyo Olympics if SAI doesn’t clear her (Image Credits: Scroll)Gymnastics Federation of India has nominated its vice-president Riyaz Bhati to accompany the delegation of Indian gymnasts at the two events. However, Bhati is claiming that SAI wants their Project Manager Rajinder Pathania to accompany. Hence, they are not sanctioning the gymnasts’ tour. The issue amplifies further as Sports Authority of India doesn’t recognize GFI as per the national sports code.The Indian gymnasts are the one facing the brunt of their feud. In the recent past, they missed out on the participation at the 36th FIG Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships in Sofia and the 48th Artistic Gymnastics World Championships in Doha.Advertisement The World Cup in Azerbaijan will be held from March 14-17 whereas that in Qatar will be held from March 20-23. Moreover, these two back-to-back World Cups will also act as an Olympic Qualifier. Only time will tell if Tokyo Olympics medal prospect Dipa Karmakar, Yogeshwar Singh, and Ashish Kumar will represent India in the World Cups.Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more