Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Subscribe Get instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270.
RenewableUK, in cooperation with Marine Current Turbines, Minesto, Aquamarine Power and the Queen’s University Belfast (QUB), is organising a trip to Strangford Lough.The trip will take place a a day after the RenewableUK’s Wave & Tidal event, which will be held on 26th and 27th February.The Wave & Tidal 2014 is celebrating its 11th year, while consistently attracting 600+ delegates, including investors, project and technology developers along with decision makers from government and business sectors with responsibilities across the UK, Europe and international markets.The participants will be able to visit SeaGen and Minesto tidal energy test sites, Wave Tank at QUB Portaferry site, as well to see a test array of Oyster devices in the Wave Tank at QUB Portaferry site.To secure a place on the trip all applicants are required to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Only the first 100 applicants will be able to experience this wave and tidal energy trip, as the places are limited.Offshore WIND staff, February 10, 2014; Image: marineturbines
The former legal director of Stobart Barristers, Trevor Howarth, has revealed that he is in acquisition talks with some ‘very well-known firms’, following the announcement that he has snapped up a high-profile criminal defence practice which had been scheduled to close. Howarth (pictured) left Stobart in April 2014 to concentrate on One Legal, which he jointly founded in 2013 with employment barrister Tim Edge.Last week the Manchester firm announced that it had completed a deal to acquire Kaim Todner Solicitors, which represented ‘Pentagon hacker’ Gary McKinnon.Howarth told the Gazette that One Legal was currently talking to a ‘mix’ of firms, including some that were ‘very well-known’.Howarth said One Legal had also received ‘a number of calls from various firms which we will consider in due course’.One Legal was granted an alternative business structure licence in 2013.Howarth said the company was set up ‘on the basis to be involved in the criminal legal aid market and make acquisitions’.A ‘substantial amount’ of capital investment has enabled One Legal to acquire Kaim Todner, its first law firm purchase, and ‘enter the marketplace to make further acquisitions’.Kaim Todner will operate under the name Kaim Todner as part of One Legal.Howarth said there are ‘some lawyers out there who want to be lawyers and don’t want to run a practice. There are those firms who will look to retain their name as part of One Legal or be absorbed into the group.‘Our business model has always been, certainly in two years, you will be able to ask for a One Legal lawyer in Bournemouth or Carlisle’.Explaining One Legal’s acquisition criteria, Howarth said: ‘The key thing for me is the personnel within the business.’With Kaim Todner, he said, ‘here you have an individual [Karen Todner] who is a formidable lawyer. Also the depth and strength of the staff within that business. I was surprised that the vast majority of staff had over 15 years of service each. They were very loyal and dedicated staff who were very competent in what they do.’As part of the deal, Kaim Todner will have the use of a centralised back-office function. This is currently run by an 18-strong team at a ‘hub’ based in Chorley. Howarth said he intended to grow the hub ‘as additional firms contract into us’.Karen Todner, who becomes national head of crime, extradition and regulatory for One Legal, told the Gazette that there would be no redundancies. Howarth confirmed that an additional office has been opened in central London for private clients trading under Kaim Todner. Howarth said: ‘We are able to go into firms without necessarily making redundancies. [Kaim Todner] was a business looking to move towards orderly closure two weeks ago. Today we’re announcing the recruitment drive to increase the number of staff.’When asked if any additional hubs would be set up, Howarth said One Legal was looking to have a ‘national presence with firms across the country. It was never the plan but it’s looking likely that it will become necessary. It depends on the dimensions of the business and how that develops.‘We need to see where those acquisitions are coming from. But the plan is for the central hub, at the moment, to remain in Chorley’.Howarth estimates that, in some cases, the back-office support could save firms 50% of their fixed overheads, such as property costs.He said: ‘When staff are mobile, you do not need all those offices because staff are not always office-based. To bring people into the office inputs further costs on the business which is not necessary.‘I do not want to see fee-earners in the office. I want to see them at the police station or in court. If a fee-earner is in the office, they’re not out there fee-earning. Often those days the fee-earner is filling time doing administrative functions for which they are not being paid.’In October, Howarth and Edge were granted an alternative business structure licence for Two Legal Services Limited, based in Lancashire.Howarth said details about this venture would be revealed within the next two months. But he said the company had ‘nothing to do with’ the criminal legal aid market and was a ‘completely separate business proposal altogether’.
The Da Vinci architecture is made up of three distinct management levels, each serving a specific role within the overall railway management scenario. These are a Real Time Network, a Quasi Real Time Network, and the Corporate network/intranet/internetThe system that was built for GIF is illustrated in Fig 1. In other cases, the level of integration would be tailored to suit the particular needs of each client.The Real Time Network is the backbone of the train control system, and all control subsystems are integrated into it. Because the architecture is open, both new and existing systems from any supplier can also be integrated into it. One example would be existing computer-based interlockings. The same is true of modifications that will be required as a consequence of optimising operations during the system’s life. This has been achieved by using a distributed messaging bus (MOM in Fig 2), which allows applications to be integrated via a publication/subscription mechanism using XML-based messages as a means of communication. In the case of GIF’s system, the real-time network integrates these subsystems:
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInPolice officers in Moffat are investigating what appears to be a sneak-in theft at a house in Grange Road in Moffat at around 1615 hours on Saturday 14 November 2015. Around this time it appears that whilst the occupiers were in the house, someone has entered without being seen and stolen cash and jewellery from the house. The total value of property stolen is over £1000 and includes a number of gents and ladies watches, rings and necklaces.Constable Lisa Duff said “we have a description of a man who was seen walking near the house around this time and we would very much like to speak to this man. He is described as being about 5’6″/5’8” tall, wearing black coloured smart trousers, a speckled tweed style brown coat, mid length, had dark hair and wore a black beret type hat. We are also appealing to other householders in the area to get in touch with us if they have had any suspicious activity at or near their homes over the weekend. We can we contacted through the 101 number.16.11.15
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInSouth Scotland MSP Colin Smyth has accused the Scottish Government of dragging its heels over a deal to display part of the Galloway Hoard at the new Kirkcudbright Art Gallery. Although the gallery is due to open in the next few months, neither the Scottish Government or the National Museums for Scotland have yet confirmed what arrangements will be made for the display of part of the hoard. Speaking in the Scottish Parliament during Culture Questions Colin Smyth asked Fiona Hyslop, “When I raised this issue with the cabinet secretary last June, she informed Parliament that she would host a summit involving National Museums Scotland and Dumfries and Galloway Council in order to broker an agreement on displaying the hoard in the region. Although a date for the summit was set, it was cancelled by the cabinet secretary. Nine months later, she said that there would be a meeting, but there is still no date for it, despite the fact that Kirkcudbright art gallery is due to open in the next few weeks.“Does the cabinet secretary acknowledge the huge frustration felt in Dumfries and Galloway that a major tourism opportunity for the region is being missed because of the current impasse between National Museums Scotland and Dumfries and Galloway Council, in particular the barriers that are being put in place by NMS? Moreover, will she urgently intervene to ensure that we have a significant exhibition in Dumfries and Galloway sooner rather than later?” In the Scottish Parliament last week Colin Smyth criticised Culture Secretary Fiona Hyslop for failing to deliver on a promise made to the MSP over a year ago to hold a “summit” to thrash out a deal. A date was set for the summit last August but was cancelled by the Scottish Government and no new date has yet been arranged. Commenting after the exchange in Parliament Colin Smyth added, “It is deeply disappointing that the Scottish Government are dragging their heels over the issue of the hoard being displayed in Galloway. We know the full hoard won’t be permanently displayed at Kirkcudbright Art Gallery. However, National Museums Scotland promised there would be a significant display yet with the new Kirkcudbright Art Gallery scheduled to open soon, we are no further forward.The Culture Secretary personally promised to hold a summit to thrash out a deal and having cancelled it, she has broken a pledge she made in Parliament. She even falsely claims the summit was cancelled by others when I have copies of correspondence from her office cancelling the event at their request and nobody else. This is an opportunity to establish a world class display for these artefacts within the region they were found, providing a huge boast to the local economy. The Government need to intervene urgently and ensure a deal is agreed sooner rather than later.”
After the successful delivery of the Scot Carrier in November 2018, construction of the second vessel, Scot Explorer, started February 2019. Scot Explorer is seen here with the aft section leaving the brand-new production facilities at the Royal Bodewes Shipyard site at Hoogezand. The vessel is expected to be launched in October 2019 with final delivery shortly afterwards. Sea News, July 26 The Scot Explorer, a 4800 dwt Bodewes Trader type, with Swedish/Finnish Ice Class 1B features an enclosed bridge wing with a proven economical Caterpillar/Mak 6M25C main engine. Scotline Marine Holdings Ltd is pleased to announce the order from the Royal Bodewes Shipyard of newbuilding number 750 to be named Scot Ranger with Swedish/Finnish Ice Class 1A. The successful co-operation between Scotline Marine Holdings Ltd and Royal Bodewes resulted in a third sister new building, Scot Ranger, but with Swedish/Finnish Ice Class 1A. Start of construction is planned early 2020. Author: Baibhav Mishra
Wireless broadband expert, Radwin, is showcasing its new JET DUO PtMP dual-carrier 5 GHz solution at the on-going WISPAPALOOZA event in the U.S and the My Broadband event in South Africa.Radwin’s JET DUO encapsulates two 5 GHz radios with beamforming technology in a single compact unit to deliver ultra-capacity broadband of up to 1.5Gbps while reducing the installation costs and tower rental expenses associated with deploying multiple single-band base stations. It enables service providers to deliver ultra-high capacity with unmatched reliability to businesses and residential customers where there is huge demand for high speed broadband.The JET DUO maximizes network capacity thanks to its innovative 2nd generation beamforming antenna that ensures outstanding radio performance even in challenging environments with heavy interference. Its dual carrier capability also provides the flexibility to select the two best frequency channels across the dense 5 GHz spectrum.
May 1, 2019BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – The Argos Men’s Tennis team has three players earning All-GSC Honors. Serdar Bojadjiev and Juan Cabrera each earned First Team All-GSC for the second time for Bojadjiev and first time for Cabrera. Robin Rafaitin earned Second Team All-GSC for the first time in his career. Serdar Bojadjiev though, also was named the GSC Player of the Year for 2019. Serdar Bojadjiev has been at the front of the pack all year. Bojadjiev is currently nationally ranked No. 3 in singles playing in the number one spot for the Argos all season. He has earned GSC player of the week four times this season and has always been nationally ranked in the top 20. Bojadjiev is 7-1 against GSC teams in No. 1 singles and 5-2 against GSC teams in No. 1 doubles.Juan Cabrera is one of the most versatile players on the team. He has played singles at the one, two, and three spot this season and has only lost one singles match all season going 17-1 overall and 8-1 in the GSC. Doubles is the same story; wherever he plays he wins. Overall Cabrera was 13-3 at the two and three spots for the Argos and was 6-1 against GSC teams. Cabrera has been GSC player of the week twice this season.Senior Robin Rafaitin has made his mark again this season. Rafaitin is a consistent player at the 4/5 spots and is an anchor for the team knowing that we will get a win from him. He went 7-1 in singles against GSC teams and 14-4 overall this season providing wins for the Argos against other nationally ranked teams. Robin went 3-0 in doubles against GSC teams at the number two spot and 3-1 overall this season.To keep up with the Men’s Tennis team and for more information you can follow the men on Instagram @uwfmenstennis. You can also follow the team on twitter @TennisUwf. #GoArgosPrint Friendly Version Share Three Argos Earn All-GSC Honors for the No. 3 UWF Men’s Tennis Team Bojadjiev earns GSC Player of the Year